Before pursuing my journalism I came to know what is difference between journalism and advertisement, inspite both being part of mass communication. Later, while working for TV I was told, “You are not PR na..then don't write like this, it seems that you are advertising..." I grasp these words as it was logical too.
But on 28th of December when I woke up I was amazed to see a column in one of the prominent English newspaper it was not just advertising a site but what it was promoting was new name of porn site Savita Bhabi.com which has been banned. As I earlier read savita bhabhi.com, so I think most of you must have read or at least heard. If neither you have heard nor read then boss I am telling you are really missing something and If you have not read it's your bad luck and you are leaving me with question how its traffic was higher than the Bombay Stock Exchange. Can you imaging more then 2 lakh hits in a single day. For those who have not read savita bhabhi, let me tell you it was our very own Indian outlet for our emotions and love.
But my concern here is something different in this century hardly we have any teen, uncle and never forget aunties who don't know about these porn sites. If you ask a teenage to name few education site they will hardly be able to tell but just ask them about porn site...they will give you list of at least 10-11.
In such a situation catering some new porn site and writing things which can damage future of boys and girls(if there is single child away from these site), I guess is simply against journalism and advertising for these kind of site, unless you are paid for it…is again I guess is not a good deal..matlab boss advertising ka business aap ka chaupat…. Koi aur naukri doon lo…different from Journalism and Advertisement.
i liked ur openness...u wrote what u felt and what u did...all of us know about these porn sites..but advertising in news paper simply can't b accepted
ReplyDelete